Counting The Days Until...

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Get Googling Orlando!

Have you heard? Orlando has been nominated to be chosen by Google to showcase their new high speed internet through fiber optics! If chosen, we would have internet access that is 100 times faster than what we have now! Mayor Buddy Dyer has sent out the request for us to show our creativity in asking Google to pick our city. So....I pulled out the Dr. Seuss thinking cap once again, and here is what I wrote:




Orlando, the City Googleful
by Debi Walter

We've heard it said
Oh yes, it's true
That fiber is so good for you.

It's good for you
Yes, indeed,
So certainly
It must truly be
Good for Google to offer thee
A chance to test fiber optically!

Fiber Optics is the way to go
So please, oh, please won't you let us know?
Let us know if we're to be
The place to experiment
With high internet speed

Speed we want
Speed we need
Speed will help us
Talk with ease

Ease is fun, ease is good
But only when it's in our 'hood
Orlando is the City Beautiful
How much more the City Googleful

Googleful, now is that a word?
A word I'm sure I've never heard!
But like it, yes, like it, I do!
But do you like us?
You certainly should!

Should is the word we want to use
Should is why we are good
Good for you
Good for me
Good for Googling rampantly

So now that my poem has been quite heard
I hope you think it not absurd
Absurd it's NOT, absurd it ISN'T
But this I'm certain my poem is
FINISHED!